BMW OEM Part Number: 51 16 8 190 205
The removal of the BME e39 5 Series Cup Holders are quite easy but there are a couple of snags. Take a look below:
1. Depress both cup holders to expose the rear section of the assembly. (see right)
2. Take out the 2 screws located inside the slot.(see below)
3. Carefully remove the cupholder unit using a thin object like a credit card or small flat screwdriver to release the three tabs that keep it snapped in.
TIP: There are two small tabs at the top of the left side corner of the trim facing, and one small tab at the top of the right side corner trim facing.
(see bottom photo of new cup holder unit)
1. Carefully insert & snap the cup holder unit into place after removing the damaged cup holder.
2. Line-up and replace the two screws that hold the cup holder into place.
Caution: Never apply too much pressure to plastic parts to make them fit into place or damage will occur. The new parts will fit into place with a bit of finesse and paitience.
Get Pro Shop Tools for your BMW from BMPdesign! - click here